ACOEM SMC – automatic diagnosis of machine faults
Like no other, the SMC ( Smart Machine Checker ) is a portable, machinery diagnostic tool that allows mechanics and maintenance technicians to check the health of any rotating machine, as needed, in a matter of minutes.
It requires no special training or certification and generates straightforward, simple machine diagnostic reports with both confidence and severity levels.
Fast, accurate machinery diagnostics in 3 simple steps
- Select the machine you want to diagnose from the device.
- Take readings at each of the automatically designated points.
- View the machine diagnostic report to learn what is wrong and what you need to fix.
Accurex™ – Automatic machine diagnosis
Acoem SMC unique automatic machine diagnostic Accurex ™ is built into the Acoem SMC. The innovative machine diagnostics feature provides unbeatable fast, relevant and reliable results for a wide range of machine problems such as unbalance, alignment errors, cavitation, structural resonances, bearing problems, and more. Acoem SMC machine diagnostic function differs from all other systems.
The built-in stroboscope makes it easy to pinpoint the RPM which is crucial for securing an accurate diagnosis.
For easy machine identification, sensor positioning, and report illustration
Three-axis wireless sensor
The Acoem SMC wireless tri-axial sensor will take readings in the vertical, horizontal, and axial direction simultaneously making the measurement process fast and easy.
Built-in laser pyrometer
The Acoem SMC has a built-in laser pyrometer that makes it easy to take the temperature of your machine to verify your diagnosis.
Acoem SMC Balancing KIT (Accessories)
The Acoem SMC Balancing is a powerful balancing tool; smart and easy to use. Acoem SMC Balancer guides the user throughout the process and automates all calculations. The user is led through the user-friendly visual interface to define the machine, configure the speed counter, and select test weights. Following the measurement procedure, the balancing instrument presents the correct correction weights.
Acoem SMC Balancing is available in balances for 1 plane, 2 plane balancing.
Limited lifetime warranty
Acoem SMC, SMC EX, SMC Balancing Kit, SMC Balancing Kit EX have a limited lifetime warranty. For more information, contact your local dealer!
What’s in the case?
Acoem SMC – Package with Case
- Acoem SMC display unit
- Acoem SMC sensor
- USB cable for the wireless sensor (power supply)
- 6 pcs of adapters
- Acoem SMC power supply
- Wireless sensor power supply
- Universal tool
Acoem SMC PACKAGE*
Graphic color touchscreen
Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
Dimension: 154 x 92 mm (D7”)
Can be used outdoors
- 10 contextual function keys
- Functions are organized for single-hand measurement (left or right)
- Direct access to general functions: Home, Help, Setup, Screen copy, Picture, Bar code reader, Text note, Audio comment, Pyrometer, Stroboscope
- Full keyboard for text input. Several keyboards are available: qwerty, azerty, Chinese…
- Triaxial synchronous acquisition (wired or wireless)
- Synchronous on 2 analog channels + trigger input for balancing
- 24 bits conversion
- Sampling frequency: 51.2kHz
Wireless acquisition with Acoem SMC WLS triaxial accelerometer
Digital signal processors
- 40 kHz on 4 channels
- Up to 80 kHz on 2 channels
Memory: 3.5 GB for measurements
USB 2 type B device (direct connection to PC)
USB 2 type A host (for USB stick)
Autotest and calibration function
High-density Li-Ion type
Rechargeable without removing
Battery lifetime: 10 hours under intense use
Programmable automatic standby mode and switch-off
Up to 4 programmable signal inputs (depending on instrument option):
- Frequency range: 0 – 40 kHz on 4 channels, 80 kHz on 1 channel
- Overload indicator in % with memorization
- IEPE interface with real-time integrity control, range ± 8V (power supply: 4 mA constant current 23 VDC)
- Dynamic signal measurements (acceleration, vibration velocity, absolute displacement, relative displacement, electrical current, etc.)
- +/- 10 VAC
- 0, -24 V for proximity probes (a -24Vdc power supply is available on each channel)
- Input impedance AC/DC: 100 kΩ
- Accuracy: +/- 1%
- Sensors without electronics with an optional charge amplifier
- DC input: from -24 VDC to +24 VDC for measurements of position and process parameters
- AC coupling: 0.3 Hz
- Compatible with triaxial sensor
Range: +/- 10 V, 0 to +24 V, 0 to – 24 V
Adjustable triggering parameters
Automatic setup function
For rotation speed measurement, synchronous analysis, balancing, order analysis.
Input impedance: 100 kΩ
+ 5 Vdc power supply for tacho probe
-24 Vdc power supply for proximity probes
Microphone input for audio inspection notes
1 headphone output to listen sensor signal, recorded signal or audio inspection notes
1 stroboscope output: TTL
For each channel and trigger input:
-24 Vdc power supply for proximity probe
BUILT-IN PYROMETER WITH LASER-SIGHTING
Contactless temperature measurement:
- Range: 0 to 200°C
- Accuracy: +/- 3°C for ambient temperature ranging from 18°C to 28°C.
- Resolution: 0.5°C
- Repeatability: +/- 1°C
- Field of view: 5° @ 50%
(∅ target ≃ 4 cm @ 50 cm)
- Time response: 1 s
- Fixed emissivity: 95%
Rotation speed measurement:
- Range: 30 to 15000 RPM
- Automatic setting to machine speed predefined in setup
- ½, x2
- Flash duration: adjustable from 0.5 to 15°
- Can be used independently or to adjust rotation speed in a route or from a spectrum display
Resolution: 640 x 480
Distance: 20 cm to ∞
Identification of measurement point
Built-in bar code reader
Reading distance: from 20 cm to 50 cm according to the code dimension
Bar code format: QRcode
Learning mode to avoid codes manual input
Case with shock protection rubber
Shock protection: 1.2 m drop (1 m for EX version)
- Safety: IEC61010-1
- EMC: directive 2004-108-CE
Dimensions: 200 x 265 x 65 mm
Weight: 1.8 kg including battery and rubber protection
Operating temperature: -10°C to 55°C
Humidity: 95% no condensation
Acoem SMC-EX, intrinsically safe version:
ATEX certification: EX II 3 G, EEx ic IIC T4 supplied with certified accessories.
IECEX certification (pending)
Note: shock protection: 1 m drop. The protection screen accessory cannot be used in dangerous areas and is not supplied.
The Acoem SMC can be set up so as to communicate with your network through its Ethernet or Wi-Fi interface and used as a remote station. You can then use the applications installed on your computer directly from the Acoem SMC (SUPERVISION, CMMS…).
*Note! Specifications are preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Acoem SMC Balancer/also available in ex version
An upgrade kith with laser tachometer with cable for connection on channel C, supplied with a 5m extension cable.
USB cable for connecting the Acoem SMC to a computer (reports)
Magnet holder 2 ASH accelerometers, 2 straight cables for ASH, 2 high-power magnets for ASH.
Acoem SMC Balancer is also available as EX system EX – ATEX Zone II 3 G Ex ic IIC T4Gc, with the same performance and capabilities as the regular Acoem SMC Balancer (ZONE II Industry where explosive atmosphere, consisting of a mixture of air and combustible material in the form of gases, smoke or fog, is likely to be formed sometimes during normal operation. Mines excluded.
Wired triaxial sensor kit
Also available in an EX version.
Also available in an EX version.
AT-200 all-new user interface
ACOEM unveils an all-new user interface experience and new ways to share and communicate. We are pleased…