Machines with offset drives are often thought of as insensitive to angular errors between driving and driven shaft. However, they cannot absorb angular misalignment between the shafts, hence our kit the Offset Fixtures. Conventional alignment methods do not provide the required level of accuracy.
Why align cardan shafts?
Cardan shafts with angular misalignment typically cause the driven shaft to rotate unevenly during operation, which results in increased vibration. In other words, it is just as important to align cardan shafts as regular shafts. Why is that?
- A vital part in drives for machines, where breakage of cardan shafts causes downtime
- Badly aligned cardan shafts set limitation in production capacity and product quality
- Stands for a considerable cost when repairs are needed or a breakdown occurs
- Badly aligned cardan shafts reduce lifetime in gearboxes and motors
- The breakdown of a cardan shaft in running condition could be extremely dangerous.
Use the NXA with the Offset Fixture kit and you can precision align any offset mounted machine as fast as you align any other shafts. The Offset Fixture kit consists of both software and fixtures.
Laser pointer for fast mounting
The Offset fixture is equipped with a laser pointer, which means that the alignment system is not needed in order to mount the fixtures. The fixtures only have to be adjusted until both the lasers are hitting the center of the opposing target. Thanks to this feature, the mounting can be performed fast.
What’s in the case?
Offset fixture kit with Case
- 2 pcs of fixture arms
- 2 pcs of rotation units
- 4 pcs of hardened spacer washers
- 3 pcs of guide washers
- 2 pcs of rod tools
- 5 pcs of screws with thread nut size M12, M16, M20, M24, M30
- Box incl. 2 pcs of allen keys, 8 and 2 mm, and 4 pcs of batteries, SR44 1,5V
|Weight, standard system incl. case||10,2 kg|
| Weight, standard system incl. optional
equipment and case
|Dimensions of case (L x H x W)||570 x 330 x 160 mm|
|Max distance between bolt holes||360 mm|
|Max offset||650 mm|
|Laser pointer||Class 2 laser|
|Operating temperature (laser pointer)||0°C – +50°C|
|Storage temperature (laser pointer)||-20°C – +70°C|
*NOTE! Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Offset Fixtures Accessory Kit
One additional arm with 2 pcs of guide washers.
ACOEM AT-100 NEW entry-level smartphone and tablet-based alignment tool
ACOEM AT-100 NEW entry-level smartphone and tablet-based alignment tool that utilises the latest sensor technology and the renowned…